Friday, June 7, 2013

Hooray for National Donut Day! Find out where you can get your free donut today!





Before you judge me, I want to warn you that I am taking a short break from my Weight Loss Challenge to honor this special day.  I know that today is the day that I usually make my weight loss update but I feel that it would not be fair to ignore National Donut day.  National Donut Day is the first Friday in June and boy am I excited to have an excuse to grab me one, or maybe even two.  This is one of the best days to celebrate because who does not love a great donut, especially a hot Krispy Kreme one. To make myself feel better about observing this special day, I decided to do some research on how this day became to be and I found out that it was created in 1938 by the Salvation Army.  The Salvation Army created this day to 
raise money during the Great Depression and honor the “lassies,” as they called the female volunteers, who supported the soldiers on the front lines during World War I.  So as a wife of a Veteran of the Iraq war, I feel that it is my duty to get my free donut today(not that I really needed a reason to go indulge in a donut today).  Well below is a link for the National Donut Day website where you can find out more cool information about this special day as well as enter your zip code to find out where you can get a free donut today.  So be sure to check the website and grab yourself a free donut or two. 
I would love to hear about how you celebrated this special day so leave me a comment with details.  
Enjoy! 

1 comment:

  1. I got up super early for a summer day and went out and got donuts for my entire household! then... I got back in my bed and enjoy 2 for me! it was magical!

    ReplyDelete