Friday, May 24, 2013

Weight Loss Challenge Update #1

Well today is Friday, so it is time for a weight loss challenge check in.  I started off the challenge at 180.6 and this morning I weighed in at 177.4. This week I tried a new class called Cardio Blast, which was a total body workout and it really kicked my butt.  After taking this class I quickly learned the importance of keeping my water intake up especially when doing an intense workout of this type.  Even though I worked out 5 times this week, I still struggled a little with my eating habits. During the week I found that I always had this hungry feeling which led to a couple episodes of grazing.  After talking with my husband about it he suggested that I try to eat more filling foods, make sure to eat at least every three hours, and try to cut back on my starches. I must admit that I am a southern girl at heart so the last one is a bit of a struggle for me to do.  I feel that anytime I eat a meal it needs to include at least two sides, an entree and a bread of some sort.  I am working to remind myself that I do not have to have all of this every time I eat but I must admit that old habits die hard.  Well I guess that is all for this week’s weight loss challenge check in, I will see you next week with another update. 

1 comment:

  1. How is your raw veggie intake? I have found that eating raw veggies actually helps to keep me full after a meal. There are studies that say that veggies fill your stomach more fully also; versus meats and bad foods that just sink to the bottom of your stomach.

    ReplyDelete