Thursday, May 30, 2013

Don't ask me how I am doing unless you want to hear about my house...



Anyone who has had the chance to talk to me over the past couple of months knows about my house ordeal.  If you ask me how I am doing my house situation is sure to come up in every time. Over the last 9 months we have been in search of the perfect house.  After Isaiah accepted the job with Toys R Us and we were relocated to the East Coast, it became our mission to find this house so that the transition would be a smooth one for our family. All my friends from Texas will tell you that even though I was very excited and supportive of Isaiah’s new career change, I was not happy about the whole relocation part.  You see the great state of Texas had been where we started our married life together, renewed our faith, had our children, purchased our first home, and built some of our closest relationships. Not to mention we were leading one of the best Couples small group for our church.  Life as I saw it was great and things seemed to be just settling in. Out of the two of us, I am the sentimental one and so the move for me was not one about starting a new season in my life, but instead the ending of a season that I was really enjoying being in.  I guess you can say I am the one that sees the glass as being half empty instead of half full. Isaiah on the other hand was super excited about where God was taking us and he reminded me to look back over our history and I could clearly see that God had always blown our minds by moving us own to bigger and better seasons.  As I reminisced back I was reminded of how sad I was when my then fiancée said to me that his first duty station would be in Fort Hood Texas and I had to leave behind everything I had known in Atlanta.  Fort Hood ended up being the place where I found myself reconnecting with God on a new level, starting my life as a married woman, buying my first house, and making some lifelong friends. 
Our first home in Killeen

I was also reminded of how Isaiah had to pull me, kicking and screaming when God later moved us to Dallas.  Dallas ended up being the place where once again my faith was taken to another  level, I was challenged to live out what I was taught, we purchased our second home, developed even more great friends, saw God work in not only our marriage but in those of our friends through our couples group, and had both of our girls. I missed Fort Hood, but God made sure to surround us with a church home and a circle of friends who became family to us and I will forever be grateful for all they have done for our family.  I found that those who meant the most to me from Fort Hood made sure to keep in touch and some of my relationships never skipped a beat and they have continued on as if were still together.  It was at that moment that I had to admit that each season of my life had been more than I ever anticipated and God always gave me the right people at the right time in those seasons. 

Our Texas Home with so many memories

Because of this, I had to also admit that the move to Georgia was going to be the same and I could not worry about it. Isaiah tried his best to make it as smooth of a transition as he could, and his prayer always was that we would find a home that I would love since I wasn't big fan of going back to Georgia. He always said that even if I never loved living in Georgia, at least I could love the home I was living in.  This is where 110 Hayden court came into play…

Love at First sight




From the first moment I saw the home I was in love and this said a lot considering how many homes we looked at before we saw it. After talking about it we decided to put in an offer at which point our Realtor let us know that it was a short sale and it could take some time. It was late September when we saw the home and we were not slated to move until later on in December so we felt that we had time to wait it out because surely it would not be that long of a wait. December came and went with the sale of our home in Texas and no word on Hayden court. January came and went and then so did February. It was at this point that it started to hit us that this may not come through.  I will never forget a conversation I had with a close friend who told me that maybe we just needed to let it go.  Unlike all the other times when things seemed to take a turn and it seemed like this may be it, this time that conversation came back to me and so we decided to consider other options.


Then in March we found the Lake Windsong neighborhood and decided that it was time to consider something new.  The ironic thing about us finding this home is that a couple months prior Isaiah had mentioned a foreclosure in this same neighborhood and I had not liked the floor plan.  I also told him that I was not going to live in a city called Tyrone.  I will be the first to admit that I was not 100% sold on the new home because it was nothing like what I wanted and most importantly it lacked the basement I longed for.  Over time it has started to grow on me and now I cannot imagine living anywhere else. Because of our timing of finding this neighborhood, we got to watch the house be built from the ground up and choose every aspect of it from the paint color to the light fixtures.  It is a lot different from anything we have ever owned or were looking for but somehow it fits where we are at this point in our life and it will allow us to do what we enjoy and that is entertain.   Everything about it is what we wanted it to be and more than any of our other houses; it is a true reflection of us.  Every time I look at our new home, I am reminded that sometimes the blessings of God do not always come in the package that we expect them to, and they are often far greater than what we had in mind in the first place.  


So am I sad that Hayden court did not work out? Yes, but I now see the bigger picture of the whole situation and I know that if I had not waited on Hayden court all those months, I would not have been in the right place at the right time when the building of our new home was just starting. I am one that believes that everything happens for a reason and it is not by chance but by the hand of God that it all takes place. So as I sit here anticipating the completion of my Durham home (house floor plan name and the name of the City I was born and raised), off of Dogwood lane (which happens to be the state tree of my home state of NC), I can’t help but see the hand of God in getting me to this place and I love being here.

My new home

No comments:

Post a Comment