Monday, May 13, 2013

Cottonelle Clean Care Routine Review


Would you take a shower without water? Would you be OK if someone washed your car with no water? I am sure that you answered no to both of these questions, so my next question to you is why not? I know these sound like silly questions because I too felt the same way but when I saw the Cottonelle ads it made me start thinking, about my bathroom routine.  When you think about it, anytime you want to get something clean you use some form of wet solution because it helps with the cleaning process. So the question is why wouldn’t you do the same thing when trying to stay clean in the restroom. Here is where Cottonelles clean routine comes in.  Recently I had the chance to do a sample and share from Crowdtap for the Cottonelle Clean Care Routine. When I initially heard about the opportunity I thought it would be cool to try out a new product but then it dawned on me that I would have to share my bathroom experiences with others and I got a little afraid.  My interest in trying the Clean Care Routine came after seeing several of the Cottonelle commercials which ask what seem like common sense questions.  My all-time favorite commercial was the one when customers pulled up to car wash and noticed that no water was being used to wash their cars.  At the end of the commercial they asked each person why they were concerned and they all answered because the car was not truly clean without using water to wash it.   It was at that moment that I realized that the same was true when it came to your bathroom routine and so the Clean Care Routine was exactly what I needed.  
As part of my sample share I was provided with a package of Cottonelle toilet paper to keep, and two four-packs to give away to friends. I also received three boxes of Cottonelle Flushable Moist Wipes, one to keep, and two more to share with my friends so they too could experience the Clean Care routine. As I mentioned before, I was a little shy about sharing about my own bathroom routine, so it was even harder to approach my friends about participating. Initiating the conversation was a little hard to get started but one I presented the free products, they were both on board because in the end everyone loves getting free stuff. One of my friends even said that the toilet paper was on right on time because they had just run out earlier that morning.
Now one of my pet peeves is toilet paper that is thin and hard, so I was so happy to see that the Cottonelle was neither of the two and instead  thick and ultra-soft. You can say that when it comes to my toilet paper I am very picky and it is one product that I do not mind spending more for.  Next to having the toilet paper roll from the top, thickness and softness are of the utmost importance to me.  That is one of the reasons that I was so impressed by Cottonelle.  I felt like the toilet paper did exactly what I needed it to do.   One thing that I want to point out is that even though it was soft in nature, it was not one of those toilet papers that was too soft which sometimes leave behind paper residue. As the parent of a four year old and a two year old who I am working with learning how to fully clean themselves after using the restroom, I felt like Cottonelle had the perfect thickness so that the girls did not feel like they had to roll the whole roll off.  So not only could it stand up to my thickness test, it also was just the right softness, which was a big win for me. I only had one complaint from my friend which was that she did not like the way the toilet paper rolls off the roll once it gets down to a certain point. She said that she would often go into the restroom and find that the paper had rolled onto the floor. One thing that I did notice is that even though we did not have to use as much paper as we did with other brands, it seemed like we went through the rolls rather quickly.  As our Clean Care Routine went on I slowly watched my 18 roll pack go very quickly and there was only four people using the roll.
When it came to the wipes, I was in love after the first use. I mean everyone wants that clean fresh feeling after a visit to the restroom, but no one ever thinks to use the “kiddie” wipes.  I mean who wants to use anything with the child like smell or something that comes from the kiddie looking container. Neither of these were an issue with the Cottonelle fresh wipes. The scent was just right and the container was very adult looking so it was no problem having it sitting on my bathroom counter. I like the fact that these were wipes that the entire family could use.  After this experience it is definitely a staple on our bathroom counter and the best thing about it all is that never again do we have to leave the restroom with un-fresh feeling. I am now thinking of adding a small tub of wipes to my daughters take along bag for when we are out and about.  The only complaint that I heard about the wipes is that they wished that they were a little bigger in size, but other than that they were great.
Overall, I enjoyed my Cottonelle Clean Care Routine and it’s definitely here to stay in our home. Both of my friends enjoyed trying it out as well and outside of size of the wipes being a little small, the rolls running out quickly and the toilet paper rolling off when close to the end, everyone felt that they were two great products which they would definitely use again. From this point on I do not think that I will ever be able to take a shower, wash my hair, or take my car to detailed, without thinking about the Cottonelle Clean Care Routine.  Good Job Cottonelle.  I recommend that if you have not tried the Clean Care Routine you should give it a try because you wouldn’t take a shower without any water so why would not do the Cottonelle Clean Care Routine after a visit to the restroom.


Full Disclosure: The products I reviewed in this post were provided to me by Cottonelle and Crowdtap, but I received no other compensation. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this post are based on my own experiences with these products.

No comments:

Post a Comment