Monday, October 28, 2013

Truvia Sample and share


My coffee routine is the same every morning and so I can do it while I am still half asleep every morning. This routine includes me adding two Splenda packets, and two tablespoons of Cold stone sweet cream creamer to it. That is my routine everyday, but yesterday I took a walk on the wild side and stirred things up by taking the #sweetswitch and switching out my Splenda with a Truvia sample that I received from Crowdtap.  I must admit that because I have  my coffee routine down to a science, I was a little hesitant to make the switch because like the old saying goes, if it isn't broke, don't fix it, and boy did I love me current coffee routine. I started the day out as normal but when it came to add my trusted Splenda, I instead added the Truvia.  Because I did not know how it would work out, I started out with just one packet instead of my normal two and that ended up being the best decision because I found the one pack to be more than enough.  I found the the Truvia to be much sweeter than Splenda.  The Truvia tasted more like sugar than any other artificial sweetener that I have ever tasted. I liked the fact that there was no nasty after taste.  Truvia passed my test but the question was would it pass the husband test.  So that morning I prepared my husbands coffee as normal, but when it came time to sweeten it I only added about half of the pack, he normally uses one Splenda.  When he came to breakfast that morning he asked if I had added sugar to his coffee because it tasted different this morning. I asked him was was wrong and he said nothing, it just had a sweeter taste than normal.  I then told him that I no sugar had been offered but I did change out his Splenda for half a pack of Truvia.  He was impressed with the fact that there was no weird aftertaste.  Overall, I felt that Truvia was a great replacement for sugar and tasted pretty close to the real thing, without the nasty aftertaste.  Because of this natural taste, you do not have to use as much as you do with other sweeteners.   I think that if you are someone who loves sugar but you hate the calories that come from using it, Truvia is the product for you.


I received a sample of Truvia from Crowdtap to review, but all opinions are based on my personal experiences with the product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment