Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Great Taste in a Little packet... Ranch flavored Starkist Tuna Creations are great.

Thanks to Crowdtap, I had the opportunity to try new Ranch flavored StarKist Tuna Creation.  As many of you may know, the Starkist Tuna creations are not your ordinary canned tuna, but instead they come in a handy little pouch.  These tuna creations come  in a variety of flavors like Zesty Lemon, Sweet and Spicy, Herb and garlic, and Hickey Smoke.  As you can see Starkist has a flavor for everyone.  When I received my sample I was excited to try the new flavor out since I was a big fan of several of the other flavors. I knew I wanted to try something new with the tuna and being the southern girl I am I decided to make a tuna crochet for breakfast one morning. 
I took some onions, bread crumbs, an egg, a little pepper, shredded cheese and the Ranch tuna packet.  I mixed all the ingredients together and then I placed a little bit of vegetable Oil in the pan. 
I fried the crochets for about 5 minutes on each side until they were a golden brown. These crochets  turned out great. 


I tried the tuna prior to adding it to the mix and i felt that the ranch flavor was very subtle but delicious. Once added to the crochet mix and cooked, I felt that it had a great flavor, which was accented well by the onion, and bread crumbs. My husband does not usually like ranch but he actually thought that the crochets had a great flavor and he said it was a great addition to breakfast. Overall, I think that the new ranch flavor is a great addition to the Starkist Tuna Creation family and I am looking forward to eating it again. Next time I will have to try it on a salad or in another recipe. If you are interested in finding some really great recipes that utilize the Starkist Tuna Creation products, be sure to head on over to their website at www.starkist.com.  There you can find out more great recipes as well as information on their products.  

I received a sample of this product to review but all views expressed in this blog are based on my own personal experience with the product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment